freetds - Re: [freetds] missing libtdsodbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "JENNI WOLGAST" <JWOLGAST AT healthplus.org>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] missing libtdsodbc.so
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:50:39 -0400

** Proprietary **

The last time I tried installing FreeTDS this is the configure statement I
used:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/unixODBC
--with-tdsver=8.0

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have
received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the
sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the
copy you received. Thank you.

>>> "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com> 4/5/2007 11:29
>>> AM >>>
>
> Hi,
>
> I am VERY new to installing things on *nix so please forgive
> me if I have missed something very obvious. My ultimate goal
> is to be able to retrieve data from a MS SQL 2000 database
> for use on my HP-UX 11.11 server via a Perl script. From what
> I have read, it looks like I need the unixODBC driver manager
> and the FreeTDS ODBC driver to be able to do this. I have
> tried to install both of these pieces several times but I am
> missing libtdsodbc.so every time. I have unixODBC 2.2.12 and
> FreeTDS 0.64. I'm not sure what else might be helpful so
> please let me know if you need any more information. Thank
> you in advance for any help anyone can provide!!!
>
> Jenni

Hi,
probably you have to use --with-unixodbc=<directory> argument to
FreeTDS's configure. See also
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm

Frediano