freetds - Re: [freetds] missing libtdsodbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] missing libtdsodbc.so
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:12:56 -0400

JENNI WOLGAST wrote:
> Should I have known that since I am on HP-UX the file would have a
> different extension? Could it be added somewhere in the documentation
> that the driver file might not always end in .so? It would have saved me
> a LOT of time if I had known this because I saw the .sl files and just
> thought they were for something else.

I'm glad it's all working now. Yes, definitely you should have known.
Maybe I should have known, too; I do now. If I can find a convenient
place to note it in the UG, I will, even though it's not specific to
FreeTDS.

I have a friend who says, "Experience is what you get when you don't get
anything else." It's like that.

Regards,