freetds - [freetds] missing libtdsodbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "JENNI WOLGAST" <JWOLGAST AT healthplus.org>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] missing libtdsodbc.so
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:11:36 -0400

** Proprietary **

Hi,

I am VERY new to installing things on *nix so please forgive me if I have
missed something very obvious. My ultimate goal is to be able to retrieve
data from a MS SQL 2000 database for use on my HP-UX 11.11 server via a Perl
script. From what I have read, it looks like I need the unixODBC driver
manager and the FreeTDS ODBC driver to be able to do this. I have tried to
install both of these pieces several times but I am missing libtdsodbc.so
every time. I have unixODBC 2.2.12 and FreeTDS 0.64. I'm not sure what else
might be helpful so please let me know if you need any more information.
Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide!!!

Jenni

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have
received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the
sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the
copy you received. Thank you.