freetds - RE: [freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Rafi Sheikh <Rafi.Sheikh AT Ingenix.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:29:51 -0500

Hi thank you for taking the time. I did browse through the userguide. What
I was confused about is the Sybase. I thought I saw somewhere in the mail
archive that with 4.3 of PHP one can use with --mssql for it to work.

I admit I am so new that I have my pics in the dictionary agianst the word
'green'!

Should I compile PHP also with --tsql also? So far since MySQL support is
built in with PHP I did not have to deal with it. That is why the idiotic
questions. Now I do have the need to go to MSSQL & Oracle data bases via
PHP, and I am thinking that I am in for a lot of pain!

DO I NEED the unix odbc?

THX to nth degree!

RS