freetds - RE: [freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:49:14 -0400

Martin, what do those numbers mean? They're not line numbers:

$ wc -l src/tds/mem.c
1159 src/tds/mem.c

I'd be happy to fix the sources if I understood where the problems were.

But: there's nothing wrong with '/**' or even '/*********'. We use '/**' to
delineate Doxygen inputs.

The warning is probably about nested comments, e.g.:

/**
* stuff stuff
* more stuff /* nested comment */
*/

Most compilers terminate the comment block with the first appearance of '*/',
causing a syntax error at the enclosing '*/'.

> After removing these traps things don't look that bad -
> unfortunately I
> don't have any Sybase server at home so I cant' test this build (does
> anyone have a cheap ASE for AIX ? ;-)

I can give you an account on a 12.5 machine we use for testing. Remind me at
jklowden AT schemamania.org if you don't hear from me by Monday.

Regards,

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.
If you, as the intended recipient of this message, the purpose of which is to
inform and update our clients, prospects and consultants of developments
relating to our services and products, would not like to receive further
e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply" to the sender
indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
NY 10105.