freetds - Re: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:19:15 -0500

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Chad Wagner <vdr781 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if Roland has already been down the path
> of PHP being the problem. The error "Maximum
> execution time" is triggered by PHP, which is a script
> execution timeout. I think it is worth asking, what
> is the execution time of the query normally?
>
> http://www.phpbuilder.com/lists/php-db/2003081/0218.php

Has anyone answered Chad's question? Perhaps the issue is a PHP timeout,
nothing to do with FreeTDS per se.

Roland, how long should your query take? Or is the connection idle
(meaning, not awaiting a response from the server) when it's dropped?

Perhaps there's a "maximum query execution time" that's being exceeded.