freetds - Re: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:41:29 -0500

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, "roland bole" <roland.bole AT gmx.at> wrote:
> >- have you tried to connect with tsql, waiting an hour and issuing some
> Yes I can connect with tsql but the authorization failed so could not
> tested what you want.

It's really worth your while to conduct any tests Frediano suggests. If
you can't connect with tsql, let's try to fix that. It's not hard, and we
might discover something along the way.

1. Does "tsql -H hostname -p port -U user -P passwd" work?
2. Does "tsql -S servername -U user -P passwd" work?

If #1 works and #2 not, it's something to do with your freetds.conf.
(Remember the default location changed some time ago, from
/usr/local/freetds to /usr/local.) TDSDUMPCONFIG is helpful for such
things.

If neither works, try exporting TDSVER=7.0.

I once had a professor who used to say before an exam, "The questions are
easy. The answers are hard." Frediano is diligently doing the hard
thing, trying to answer your question. If you want him to succeed, it's
important to follow through on anything he asks of you.

HTH.