freetds - Re: AW: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: AW: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:49:50 -0500

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, "roland bole" <roland.bole AT gmx.at> wrote:
> > 1. Does "tsql -H hostname -p port -U user -P passwd" work?
> > 2. Does "tsql -S servername -U user -P passwd" work?
>
> > Both doesn't work.
>
> Sorry my mistake it works, i have to set $FREETDSCONF know it works
>
> I saw the error in TDSDUMPCONFIG.
>
> Could this be a problem also for the apache.
>
> Have I set up the $FREETDSCONF var in a profile file ?

That's not easy, right? Because apache runs under the "nobody" account,
which has no home directory? I mean, there's no ~nobody/.profile.

I've seen people set environment variables in their PHP scripts, but I
don't have any advice for you on that score.

I think if were you, and I couldn't move freetds.conf to its normal
location, I'd reconfigure and rebuild FreeTDS, using:

--sysconfdir=DIR read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]

where DIR is the place where you want to keep freetds.conf.

HTH. It sounds like your regular setup isn't reading your freetds.conf.
Fixing that can't do any harm, and will probably make things more
convenient, but I don't see how it will actually fix anything. Other than
giving you a reasonable test platform, of course.

Regards,