freetds - AW: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "roland bole" <roland.bole AT gmx.at>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AW: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:12:33 +0100

>On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, "roland bole" <roland.bole AT gmx.at> wrote:
>> >- have you tried to connect with tsql, waiting an hour and issuing some
>> Yes I can connect with tsql but the authorization failed so could not
>> tested what you want.

>It's really worth your while to conduct any tests Frediano suggests. If
>you can't connect with tsql, let's try to fix that. It's not hard, and we
>might discover something along the way.

>1. Does "tsql -H hostname -p port -U user -P passwd" work?
>2. Does "tsql -S servername -U user -P passwd" work?

>If #1 works and #2 not, it's something to do with your freetds.conf.
>(Remember the default location changed some time ago, from
>/usr/local/freetds to /usr/local.) TDSDUMPCONFIG is helpful for such
>things.

>If neither works, try exporting TDSVER=7.0.

>I once had a professor who used to say before an exam, "The questions are
>easy. The answers are hard." Frediano is diligently doing the hard
>thing, trying to answer your question. If you want him to succeed, it's
>important to follow through on anything he asks of you.

>HTH.

>--jkl

Ok, i will try to everything you want to help solving this problem, believe
me.

>1. Does "tsql -H hostname -p port -U user -P passwd" work?
>2. Does "tsql -S servername -U user -P passwd" work?

Both doesn't work.

If I do
bin/tsql -S 192.168.1.13 -p 1433 -U xx -P "xx"

I get the following error:
locale is "C"
charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 192.168.1.13:4000: Connection refused
Msg 20009, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Server is unavailable or does not exist.
There was a problem connecting to the server

Why tds_connect on port 4000 ??

In the [global] settings I use tds version 7.0

Roland