freetds - RE: [freetds] slow freetds-sybase perfromance - thorough test

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gad Hayisraeli" <gadh AT vmanage.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] slow freetds-sybase perfromance - thorough test
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:41:00 +0200

i started the sybase central java edition and in the database configuration
(right click on the db name) i choose
network parameters and changed the maximum packet size to be 2048.
in the freetds.conf, on client side, i changed the packet size to be 2048 as
well

you were right about the tds packets - the packets that i saw in the
freetds.log were :
create table - 544 bytes
insert into - 735 bytes

so this might be the cause for the performance degradation , and also it
explains the huge change in performance between
14 and 13 coulmns , cause i think in the 13 columns case it was below 512
bytes ...

Gad