freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: \connect: Unable to install message callback

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: \connect: Unable to install message callback
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:03:16 -0600

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:41:18AM +0100, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> > It turns out that the callback message constants changed at the same
> > time as the structure did, so I think bumping the soname is the correct
> > action here. I'll go ahead and do so.

> first I don't understand why this structure is public...
> second why sqsh should fail. It call cs_config to set message handler.
> cs_config should know the update structure like any other freetds
> function, sqsh should not access this structure directly... Perhaps some
> code use installed include and other use cvs include ??

If there's consensus that the structure should not be public, that's
fine -- hiding the structure would also be an ABI change, so one way or
another, 0.61 will release with libct.so.1. :)

I'll see what happens when I recompile sqsh against libct.so.1; if it
still doesn't work, I'll look into the possibility of freetds picking up
on old, install headers while compiling.

The redefining of the CS_CLIENTMSG_CB constant is another issue, that
would not have been prevented by hiding the internals of CS_CONTEXT and
CS_CONNECTION.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek