freetds - [freetds] \connect: Unable to install message callback

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] \connect: Unable to install message callback
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:59:12 -0600

Ok, now I remember why I hadn't gotten any further with adding
nl_langinfo() support to FreeTDS. :) Trying to connect with sqsh 2.1
and the latest FreeTDS libs gives me this output:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./src/tds/.libs/:./src/ctlib/.libs/ sqsh -U user -S server
sqsh-2.1 Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
Password:
\connect: Unable to install message callback
$

No undefined symbol errors or segfaults, so it doesn't look like an ABI
change; it just doesn't work.

What applications do other developers test their changes against? It
seems that sqsh has been completely unusable with the CVS version for
some time now. Is anyone looking into this problem?

The regression dates back to September 26, 2002, for the record.

In the meantime, I'll see about getting setlocale() support into tsql.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer