freetds - Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:52:41 -0500

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:02:53 -0600, Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
wrote:

> Yes, it seems likely to me that there'll still be a need to map between
> platform-specific charset names and canonical ones. However, this is
> something that can be done deterministically without bothering the user
> to set up a config file, whereas the mapping between a locale name and a
> charset, even using canonical names, may be different on different
> machines.

Agreed. For the record, I never intended to try to infer a
language-charset map. I expected to parse the charset from setlocale(3).

> However, nl_langinfo(D_T_FMT) looks promising for getting date formats
> into the local standard by default.

Ehm, I'm not sure where we should take that. For db-lib and ct-lib, we
emulate Sybase's default format by default, if you see what I mean.

> > Are we reaching agreement?
>
> I think so. :)

:-)