freetds - Re: [freetds] Star-/OpenOffice compatibility

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Star-/OpenOffice compatibility
  • Date: 07 Jan 2003 21:41:12 +0100

Il mar, 2003-01-07 alle 20:48, Martin Spott ha scritto:
> Hello,
> after returning back to work one of the first things I did was a little try
> with Star-/OpenOffice and FreeTDS/ODBC. Unfortunately - despite the work
> that Frediano put into this driver the last two weeks - the result still is
> not very promising. StarOffice still crashes on remote connections and even
> on connections to a local server both don't get the desired 'browse' list of
> tables in the database (OpenOffice at least does not crash on a remote
> connection).

I don't understand the reason why it shouldn't crash locally too...

> By incident today I read the recent ChangeLog of the MyODBC driver. There
> are three things that probably might be of interest (better you decice
> yourself ;-)
>
> "-- Fix for the thread-safe library core dumps when the
> driver is built with the debug options.
>
> -- Fix for OpenOffice to return valid list of catalog
> names SQLTables along with a valid catalog name.
>
> -- Fixed SQLTablePrivileges and SQLColumnPrivileges to
> return each privilege type in a individual rows.

This is interesting... but FreeTDS do not still support these API :(

> -- Fixed the time connersion format error from SQL_TIME_STRUCT
>
> (Thanks to Ocke Janssen<ocke.janssen AT sun.com> for the
> above 3 bugs from OpenOffice team).

I watched SQLTables API (the API that return table lists) and seemed a
lit broken (worked only on Sybase and with all parameters) so I fixed it
.. or better it SHOULD be fixed... (see CVS or tomorrow snapshot)
Also fixed bad implementation for SQLGetFunctions using Driver Managers
version 2.

bye