freetds - Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:42:17 -0600

Or sometimes es_ES@euro.

> [es_ES]
> date format = %b %d %Y %I:%M%p
> language = spanish
> char set = iso_1

Is there such a thing as iso_15 in the char set list (for iso-8859-15)?

> I said that the value of LANG was controlled by ISO standards. That's not
> quite true. It *should* be controlled that way, but some OS vendors use
> different values. We have no way to cope with that except by adding
> sections to locales.conf for every conceivable key. Also, the
> setlocale(3) function is standardized by ANSI, so we should use that
> instead of reading the LANG variable directly.

Well, I think we should be able to get rid of locales.conf altogether in
the long run, and just use libc i18n facilities to figure everything out
from the locale. I've started work in this direction, but it needs
polishing before I'm ready to commit it.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer