freetds - RE: [freetds] FreeTDS, ODBC and SAS failure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] FreeTDS, ODBC and SAS failure
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:19:22 +0100

> I've been trying to get freetds to work with unixodbc and SAS
> for a couple
> of Months now and have pretty much exhausted my welcome at
> SAS Tech support
> so I thought I would give the minds behind the scenes a try.
> Basically, I
> can open the database an see that there are tbles there but I can't
> actually retrieve the tables. I'm wondering if perhaps there
> might be
> something I forgot to set up on the SQL Server.
>
> TIA
> Ben
>
> My system is:
> Machine hardware: sun4u
> OS version: 5.8
> Processor type: sparc
> Hardware: SUNW,Sun-Fire-880
>
> and I'm trying to connect to a MS-SQL 2000 server on a dual
> processor Xeon
> machine (Dell)
>
> UnixODBC 2.2.3
>
> Freetds 0.60
>
> isql, tsql, sqsh, etc all work perfectly... it's only when I
> try to use the
> ODBC interface that I get problems.
>
> Depending on the TDS version I use either only 1 or 2 of the
> unittests pass
> all others fail.

Try to use a recent snapshot.
I assure that is more stable then old version :)
Many fixes went in CVS. I know that is not the declared stable version but I
seldom do buffer overflow checks (using ElectricFence), add more tests and
do a "make check" before every commit, so is quite stable. Also ODBC have
seem many improvements in this version (for example error code rewritted and
odbc version 3 support).
Some week ago I tried with an HP/UX machine (little-endian, with align
check) and fixed some problems...
Also try to use TDS7/8 instead of TDS 4.2.

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."