freetds - [freetds] Star-/OpenOffice compatibility

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <mas AT plesnik.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Star-/OpenOffice compatibility
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:48:05 +0100

Hello,
after returning back to work one of the first things I did was a little try
with Star-/OpenOffice and FreeTDS/ODBC. Unfortunately - despite the work
that Frediano put into this driver the last two weeks - the result still is
not very promising. StarOffice still crashes on remote connections and even
on connections to a local server both don't get the desired 'browse' list of
tables in the database (OpenOffice at least does not crash on a remote
connection).

By incident today I read the recent ChangeLog of the MyODBC driver. There
are three things that probably might be of interest (better you decice
yourself ;-)

"-- Fix for the thread-safe library core dumps when the
driver is built with the debug options.

-- Fix for OpenOffice to return valid list of catalog
names SQLTables along with a valid catalog name.

-- Fixed SQLTablePrivileges and SQLColumnPrivileges to
return each privilege type in a individual rows.

-- Fixed the time connersion format error from SQL_TIME_STRUCT

(Thanks to Ocke Janssen<ocke.janssen AT sun.com> for the
above 3 bugs from OpenOffice team).

[...]"

Martin.