freetds - Re: tsql infected with GPL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: tsql infected with GPL
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:29:52 -0400

This has been a problem for a while. I believe we punted last time. We
could replace readline with libedit, but then we still haven't solved the
problem for sqsh, making sqsh rpms against freetds illegal.
And besides my distro doesn't come with libedit anyway.

We don't even use all that much of OpenSSL, so if gnutls supports what we
need, it's probably the better way to go. That is unless someone with the
requisite knowledge wants to whip up an implementation specifically for
freetds. ;-) It's a shame we have to choose between the gnu and bsd camps.
Can't we all just get along?

Brian