freetds - Re: 0.60.1 needs rpm and deb

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 0.60.1 needs rpm and deb
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:06:39 -0500

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 12:25:50PM -0400, Lowden, James K wrote:

> Taking Steve's advice, I won't touch the ODBC version number. Therefore the
> current state of the 0.60 branch is ready for release a 0.60.1. I have
> already put a source tarball on ibibilio.

> When you folks post the RPM and DEB files (to sf as patch would be fine),
> I'll update ibibilio, sf, and freetds.org. I don't see a need for a
> generalized broadcast, as long as people find 0.60.1 if they come looking
> for 0.60.

Hmm, I don't know how useful it is to our Debian users to have .debs
posted on sourceforge or ibiblio; one of the great joys of Debian is
being able to "apt-get install" all the software you'll ever need. :)
I've uploaded new sqsh, FreeTDS, and DBD::Sybase to the archive, though
it'll be a few days before they're available on account of the soname
change. If you really think there ought to be .debs available on
ibiblio, I can get i386, alpha, and powerpc binaries to you, which would
probably be more useful to most users than the diff itself.

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer