freetds - RE: slow , very slow

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Leon Brooks <leon AT cclinic.com.au>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: slow , very slow
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 00:45:34 +0800

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 06:18, Walgamotte, David wrote:
> I'm afraid the speed difference between my three test
> Tell me one the freetds interface has problems or two
> it's a freetds configuration problem.

Three, there is a networking problem (Windows doing bizarre gatewaying or the
like). Are MySQL and MS-SQL-Server running on the same box? Same LAN segment?
Etc, what else...?

If different boxes for each SQL server, how well does each survive ten
seconds
of `ping -f' from the querying machine?

The following suggestions are probably not helpful, because they generally
involve only setup time, but who can be sure?

How much work is involved in authentication? What auth method are
you using?

Are you looking up by name or IP address? If so, does name resolution
work equally well from every box?

Cheers; Leon

--
Computer Clinic (WA) P/L Lasting good health for your network!
+61-8-9207-3686 http://www.cclinic.com.au/

linux.conf.au 2003 The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://conf.linux.org.au/ 22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia