freetds - Re: 0.60.1 needs rpm and deb

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: vorlon AT netexpress.net
  • Subject: Re: 0.60.1 needs rpm and deb
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:31:02 -0400

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:19:37 -0500, "Steve Langasek"
<vorlon AT netexpress.net> wrote:
> Oh, sorry -- I assumed that the presence of a tarball on iBiblio *did*
> mean that things were fixed in stone. I try to avoid ever having more
> than one version of a tarball running around the Internet with the same
> version number on it, so I figured that published is published. :/

My mistake, then, Steve. I should have published it as 0.60.1pre1. I had
meant for you to examine it and tell me if you like it. I tried to be
clear about that, but you relied on standard naming conventions that I
violated, however inadvertently. No problem.

I'm a poorly qualified release engineer, you see, but the good news is I'm
not irredeemably stupid.

> Depending on what all needs changing, I may just skip the 0.60.2 release
> as far as Debian is concerned, so I can focus instead on getting ready
> for 0.61.

Let's see what Frediano has in mind. I think we should focus on 0.61.
I'd like to restrict changes to 0.60.x to Makefile issues. It's easy and
clear to say "No .c or .h files were changed between 0.60 and 0.60.x". If
we have important bugs in 0.60, we should draw an early line and push out
0.61.

Regards,