freetds - Re: 0.60.1 needs rpm and deb

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 0.60.1 needs rpm and deb
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:43:06 -0400

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:06:39 -0500, "Steve Langasek"
<vorlon AT netexpress.net> wrote:

> Hmm, I don't know how useful it is to our Debian users to have .debs
> posted on sourceforge or ibiblio; one of the great joys of Debian is
> being able to "apt-get install" all the software you'll ever need. :)

Er, um, nevermind. No, I don't think .debs have to be on ibiblio. I was
just taking a stab at being helpful, that's all.

I was delaying tagging until you and Frediano were of one mind about the
suitability of BRANCH0_60. Since you've released the debs, I'll tag it as
R0_601.

Frediano (rumored to be out of town this weekend but recently spotted at
the keyboard, a sad indication of a fast-spreading addiction to FreeTDS)
wants to apply a few bugfixes or something to the BRANCH0_60. When he's
done, there'll be yet another tag, R0_602, and a 0.60.2 release & RPM.

I'm stating all this factually for clarity. Nothing is fixed in stone; we
can do anything. My opinion? I understand the version number changes,
hence the reason for 0.60.1, and I'm glad to see FreeTDS finding its way
to Debian. I'm not clear about what other things Frediano wants to add to
0.60.2 (if there is to be one). OTOH, as Frediano is doing the RPM builds
(not to mention the work), I'd just as soon accomodate him. I'd rather
not see too many of these nanoreleases, though. It's confusing to the
casual observer, and it looks like we're being sloppy when in fact we're
being fastidious.

Regards,