freetds - Re: prerelease delayed by documentation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: prerelease delayed by documentation
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:17:10 -0700

Hi, I upgraded to the latest DBI and DBD::ODBC and that had no effect on
the ODBC problems I was having. I did a little more investigating, and
here's a better problem report.

Here's the output of my test program:

[QUERY]: SELECT test_id,intfield,charfield,floatfield FROM
testdb.dbo.dbaccesstests
0 (test_id): 4 --> int
1 (intfield): 4 --> int
2 (charfield): 12 --> 12
3 (floatfield): 8 --> 8
=1|20|butter?|3=
=2|25|milk|2=
=3|30|swamp gas|1=
=4|35|pillow|-=
=5|50|chicken|1=
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The last column of type FLOAT only returns the first digit.

As I look through the tdsdump.log file (attached), I notice the final
gasp is:

odbc:SQLGetConnectOption: Statement option 102 not implemented

Perhaps that's one problem that is easily fixed.

Another obvious problem is that for the last column, the column size is
8. But then in convert_tds2sql(), it says:

convert_tds2sql: outputting character data destlen = 1

destlen shouldn't 1 here, I don't think. For a float it should be much
bigger. This would seem to explain why only the first character shows
up. Why would it assume a destlen of 1?

This is not a critical issue that should hold up 0.60, but I suspect it
should not be a difficult fix for someone familiar with the code.

thanks,
Eric