freetds - Re: prerelease delayed by documentation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: prerelease delayed by documentation
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 06:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

Problem is, it's a complete mess figuring out what partially broken
implementation you have, and "emulate little endian" works regardless,
broken or not. I assume most people will be using TDS 7.0/8.0 so we are
only talking about a small portion of the user base in the first place.

Put simply, the broken date/money stuff is a horrible kludge to work
around a bug. We now have a better solution (emul le) and it should be
removed post 0.60. I'd remove it now, but someones probably still using
it, so removing it from the doc ensures that no one else will start using
it.

Brian