freetds - prerelease delayed by documentation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: prerelease delayed by documentation
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 06:49:04 -0700

All,

I promised to have the prerelease ready today. It's not. I will put it
together tonight, whether or not I'm satisfied with the UG, so people have
something to test against.

There must be a hundred errors in the documentation right now. Mostly
missing features (no tsql, no --enable-sybase-compat) and over-conservative
statements (TDS 7.0 is experimental, domain logins broken, dates limited).
Basically and unsurprisingly, the UG reflects 0.53 more accurately than 0.60.

Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow. If there's something you'd like
fixed in the user guide, please send a patch or a passage. Now's the time.

Regards,