freetds - Re: Coding style document

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Coding style document
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:31:13 -0400

Because thumbs aren't made to hit the spacebar repetitively? It breaks up
the typing flow ;-)

I actually don't care on this matter, I find all the spaces harder to read
actually, but that's just me. K&R is 'for (i=0;
i<x; i++) {' at least in second edition...my first edition book has long
since gone missing...

I've even seen it for(i=0;i<x;i++){ which is a bit extreme ;-)

> Instead of
>
> for (i=0;i<x;i++) {
>
> I always write
>
> for( i=0; i < x; i++ ) {

C++ style...ugh. I particularly hate, 'int* i;' vs. the proper 'int *i;'
:-)

> even though I'd accept the quainter
>
> for (i=0; i < x; i++) {

sigh, I knew i didn't want to get into this ;-)...i'll fix it to look like
K&R and be done with it.