freetds - Re: Coding style document

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Coding style document
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:29:34 -0400

> For instance, how come Brian's for-loop examples are all space impaired?
> The spacebar is the biggest key on the keyboard, so obvious my cat uses it,
> but somehow we're still typing for-loops like we'd have to wait for our
> 300-baud modem to send the whitespace.

(LOL) I didn't realise this would be an excuse for gratuitously insulting
the (otherwise unimpeachable) Brian! Perhaps I'll stick around after
all...
I noticed that Brian went through all my code and moved all my opening
parentheses ( how anal is THAT!), so I'm going to suggest we make him
change them back, and adopt the following standard...

{
}

I guess its "anoraks at dawn" guys... I've got some old PL/1 coding
standards I wrote somewhere...I must hunt them out!

Bill