freetds - Re: ./configure freetds error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ./configure freetds error
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:48:14 -0400

For rpm guidance, you might want to take a look at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/books/max-rpm/index.html

I'm not a Red Hat user myself, so I haven't read it, but it looks more
approachable than a man page.

FWIW, you're right to take Andre's advice. The folks who put your package
manager together know a lot more than you (or most of us) do about fitting
software onto your system. If you learn and cooperate with rpm, you'll get
more done at the starting line.

That said, the fact that you exhausted virtual memory during the build
indicates more fundamental trouble. Your "new HP Netserver LP1000r" doesn't
sound underpowered, but it's possible your swap space was either not
correctly sized or isn't being mounted for some reason.

Installing the OS is very clearly described at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/install-guide/

Regards,