freetds - Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Norman Palardy <palardyn AT mac.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:24:38 -0700

Has someone incorporated all the things I ran into recently with the OS X 10.1 build ?

If you have the DEV tools 10.1 installed on OS X 10.1 there is no malloc.h
Never did find a work around for this in any configure scripts except to create malloc.h in /usr/include that simply contains #include <stdlib.h>

In the freetds source directory, do the following:
cp /usr/libexec/config.* .

1) su - root
2) create in /usr/include malloc.h that simply reads
#include <stdlib.h>

3) chmod 644 /usr/include/malloc.h
4) exit root
5) change to your freetds dir
6) cp /usr/libexec/config.* .
7) ./configure --with-tdsver=5.0
8) make
9) change to your freetds dir
10) sudo make install

The list archives will likely have the things I finally came up with as install build instructions for OS X