freetds - Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:43:37 -0600

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 11:24:14PM -0500, Mark J. Lilback wrote:
> At 6:24 PM -0700 11/7/2001, Norman Palardy wrote:
> >Has someone incorporated all the things I ran into recently with the
> >OS X 10.1 build ?

> >If you have the DEV tools 10.1 installed on OS X 10.1 there is no malloc.h
> >Never did find a work around for this in any configure scripts
> >except to create malloc.h in /usr/include that simply contains
> >#include <stdlib.h>

> I just built from CVS this afternoon and didn't need to do anything
> -- configure and make worked just fine. I don't have a malloc.h in
> /usr/include, either.

> I have no experience with autoconf, but maybe some kind of comparison
> can be done between the generated files to see why we got different
> behaviors?

Currently, the malloc.h include is bounded by

#ifndef __APPLE__

#endif

So, perhaps this define is present on some (and only some) builds of
OS X?

The correct, autoconfly solution is the one that James has just
provided: AC_CHECK_HEADER() will never get the wrong answer, because it
passes the question straight through to the compiler.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer