freetds - Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 12:48:43 +1100

Norman Palardy wrote:
> Has someone incorporated all the things I ran into recently with the OS
> X 10.1 build ?

I've found nothing incorporated yet. Let's work through it together. I
can't do it myself because I don't have such a system.

FreeTDS project needs to adjust our configure.in file.

We could check for malloc.h using AC_CHECK_HEADER. Or use AC_CHECK_FUNC
for malloc. Or even AC_FUNC_MALLOC. Which?

(There's an AC_FUNC_ALLOCA. Most of the code uses malloc or realloc.
calloc is used only once, in src/dblib/unittests/common.c and alloca is
not used.)

We have in include/tds.h.in noted a FIX ME on using autoconf for the
existence of malloc.h.

I think I'm half way there. Comments from others?

--
James Cameron (cameron AT stl.dec.com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/