freetds - Re: set textsize 1048576 fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: set textsize 1048576 fails
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:29:53 -0800

I just ran this with the Sybase libs:

use Sybase::CTlib;

my $dbh = new Sybase::CTlib 'sa', '';

$dbh->ct_execute("set textsize 10000");
while(($ret = $dbh->ct_results($restype)) == CS_SUCCEED) {
print "$ret, $restype\n";
}

I get:

troll (7:23AM):144 > perl ~/tmp/res.pl
1, 4047
1, 4046

So that's two calls with ct_results() returning CS_SUCCEED, with
CS_CMD_SUCCEED and CS_CMD_DONE returned for the restype value.

Michael

Brian Bruns writes:
> Ok,
>
> found out what is going on...whether it is correct (from a freetds
> standpoint) is another question.
>
> Whenever a query is issued that returns no results, ct_results() returns
> CS_END_RESULTS on first invocation. CS_END_RESULTS != CS_SUCCEED, so PHP
> gives up and disconnects.
>
> Question is, should the first invocation return CS_END_RESULTS, or should
> it return CS_SUCCEED the first time, follow subsequently by
> CS_END_RESULTS....
>
> Brian
>
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, James Cameron wrote:
>
> > Brian Bruns wrote:
> > > Ok, so nothing to do with set textsize exactly then...out of curiousity
> > > (again), you're using sybase-ct, can you configure --with-sybase
> > > instead
> > > and see if the problem remains?
> >
> > Trying. Failing ... I've gotta first understand the Debian build
> > scripts; I thought it would be a simple task to change the configure in
> > PHP's debian/rules file in the package source directory, but that has
> > led to a php4-sybase package with no actual shared library in it. Not
> > surprisingly the result is sybase_connect() undefined.
> >

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [mpeppler AT peppler.org]

mpeppler AT peppler.org - mpeppler AT mbay.net