freetds - Re: How many people use the JDBC driver?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How many people use the JDBC driver?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:01:03 +0000

Rod wrote:

> When I get some free cycles I'd be willing to fix problems or enhance
> the JDBC driver. Is there an available list of what needs to be done?

Hi Rod,

The driver is incomplete; hardly a week passes when someone doesn't ask "why
does
foo() return ExceptionNotImplemented?"

I think if you tie into the cvs and have a look at the code, you'll find
stubs or
notice things you know are implemented by other drivers that are missing from
this
one. My advice is to scratch whichever one looks to you like an itch.

Just make you have fun doing it, too. :-)