freetds - Re: How many people use the JDBC driver?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rod" <rod.nibbe AT biosgroup.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: How many people use the JDBC driver?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:49:10 -0400

> Hi,
>
> I am new to the list but I have been using the jdbc driver in developing a
> solution for a client. I have found it to be very stable and I commend the
> author(s) highly for a job very well done.
>
> I am interested to find out how many other people are actually using the
> jdbc driver (especially in production) and if it is still under active
> development.

I was pointed to freetds on a java newsgroup. It's the only freeware
jdbc driver for SQL Server that I'm aware of. I've implemented it in a
prototype we delivered to a client. It works well. I had been using the
JdbcOdbc bridge, but going dsn-less was almost a requirement for this
particular client.

When I get some free cycles I'd be willing to fix problems or enhance
the JDBC driver. Is there an available list of what needs to be done?

-RKN