freetds - RE: freetds and SQL server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Niky Riga <nriga AT noc.ntua.gr>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds and SQL server 2000
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 21:25:07 +0300

The Data in the database is in Greek and is in Unicode. When I used TDS 7.0
all greek
caracters where "corrupted". As I have already read in another article
"..FreeTDS 7.0
presents a charset encoding problem, when using MS SQL server (and I believe
other sql
servers too) from PHP.

All non ascii national characters (which codes a greater than 127) become
corrupt when
updating the SQL server. Retrieving properly stored national characters from
SQL
server does not work well too.
The problem is, that all the non ascii characters are converted to Unicode by
TDS."

And the only solution proposed was to use TDS 4.2.

Another thing if instead of ntext I use text, then I can retrieve the data
but the
last character is lost.