freetds - RE: freetds and SQL server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds and SQL server 2000
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:18:16 -0400 (EDT)

A quick google search turns up 'iconv', which is apparently a UNIX 98
standard of sorts. I'm curious how many unices actually support it. Linux
does. and there is a libiconv for platforms that don't which is
LGPL. Anybody else want to ring in with whether their platform supports
it? It seems like it'd be a no brainer to implement...probably need the
new freetds.conf though to be able to configure it ;-) Two birds one
stone!

Brian