freetds - Re: TDS 4.[26] results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlynes1 AT home.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS 4.[26] results
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:29:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Scott C. Gray wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the logic for dealing with results
> from TDS 4.2 and 4.6 is broken. For me, even 'select 1'
> doesn't work.

> The main issue seems to be that, there is logic in parsing
> the TDS_COL_NAME_TOKEN that excepts the first two bytes of
> the token to be the # of bytes to follow when, in fact, it
> seems to be the # of columns to follow.

Aha! So I'm not the only one having this problem? I figured because I didn't
see any complaints about it in the mailing list that the problem must lie in
the
ODBC code. I too, am using ASE 11.9.2, under Linux glibc2. And the logic
seemed to be all SOL for the tokens when I'm attempting to bind the columns.

If you would like, I can send you what I've determined about the packet
formats
for ASE 11.9.2.

Daniel