freetds - Re: TDS 4.[26] results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Hal Snyder <hal AT vailsys.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: TDS 4.[26] results
  • Date: 16 Aug 2000 14:49:26 -0500

"Scott C. Gray" <gray AT voicenet.com> writes:

> Is anyone out there actively using TDS 4.2 or 4.6 for thier
> day-to-day work? I am currently re-working quite a bit of
> the TDS layer and, to ensure that I am not breaking anything,
> I have been connecting to my ASE 11.9.2 server, forcing
> TDS 4.2 and 4.6 and trying stuff.
>
> As far as I can tell, the logic for dealing with results
> from TDS 4.2 and 4.6 is broken. For me, even 'select 1'
> doesn't work.

We are using early releases of Sybase (10.0.4 and later) - in systems
where later versions of client libs give us trouble (don't ask!).
Setting TDS version to 4.2 is mandatory for us with these servers.

FWIW, a CVS snap of FreeTDS from last night worked fine.

Is there some test code we should be paying particular attention to?