freetds - Re: Status of the JDBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Status of the JDBC driver
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:21:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Craig Spannring wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig writes:
> > Those who really want to look at the sources should consider
> > themselves serious Java developers and have Ant installed anyway - do
> > I need a smiley here?
>
> Okay, you've convinced me. Make is out, ants are crawling in.
> You're correct that the only people that want to build from source
> aren't going to mind if we make them install Ant.
>
> I don't personally have Ant installed, but then again, I don't
> consider myself to be much of a Java developer either.
Just a note from the point of view of a Debian developer: Ant is
not yet implemented in Debian and if the build of the package would
depend from an extra tool it would enforce me to build an extra package
which might require more or less extra time. (If Ant might have a non
DFSG compatible license it would make the things even worse.)
So I would be really happy if the binaries could be build also with
make as alternative.

Kind regards

Andreas.