freetds - Re: Status of the JDBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Status of the JDBC driver
  • Date: 14 Jun 2000 10:28:59 +0200

CS> 1) Documentation of the internals.

I guess at least Bob Kline should have a good understanding of it and
I'm getting closer. I'd hesitate to write documentation in a language
that not my native language though.

CS> That should have been done before the code,

Oh no, I guess we all know that this is not the way it works.

CS> 2) Zero known bugs.

Just browsed the KNOWN_BUGS file. Some of the things have been fixed
already or could be fixed easily. As for the COMPUTE and t0026 case,
this is anything but SQL standard, would put it on low priority.

As a sidenote about Makefiles - I don't think make is well suited for
Java - I have an Ant (<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant>) buildfile for
the JDBC driver that autodetects whether to compile JDBC 1.0 or JDBC
2.0 and works on Linux as well as on Linux (and with Jikes or javac).

I cannot help on the Sybase end of things as I do not have access to a
Sybase server.

CS> 3) Finish up the unimplemented methods.

All of them or stick with the JDBC 1.0 and tackle the rest of it
later on?

Stefan