freetds - Status of the JDBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Status of the JDBC driver
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:36:13 -0400 (EDT)

There are a handful of us on this list who have been offering
contributions to the FREETDS JDBC project, but as far as I can determine
the offers appears to have dropped into a black hole. Inquiries about
the status of the project addressed publicly to the list as well as
privately to several of the addresses given in the AUTHORS document have
been consistently ignored.

Does anyone on the list know if the project has been abandoned by its
original author? Is access to the CVS repository for submission of
patches closed? It would be ideal to learn that Craig will continue to
accept ongoing contributions and merge them (as appropriate) into the
code base, but if that isn't going to happen it would be useful to have
some sort of indication of whether we are wasting our time and should
focus our efforts on branching off on our own. I can understand
perfectly a response saying "I'm sorry, but I just don't have time for
this right now." It's a bit more puzzling not to get any response at
all. It would be a shame for a project which was so well begun to
fizzle out in a deadlock like this.

Thanks in advance for any clues anyone has to offer on what's going on.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com