freetds - RE: make test fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Dejournett <johnde AT greeley.sykes.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: make test fails
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:44:25 -0700

Brian,

The platform is Slackware Linux (Intel). I know that the server is running
at least NT4.0 SP5, but I don't think I would bet on it being any more
current than that. The MSSQL is version 6.5.

I just build SQSH, and it did build correctly against the libraries (with a
little help from the FAQ page), but I don't know that I am using it
correctly. The command line that I am using is: sqsh -D DBName -S
ServerName (from the interfaces file) -U UserName

SQSH responds with the standard banner and a password prompt. I enter my
password, and the program shuts down without reporting any error or
otherwise status information. Am I going about this incorrectly for
interactive mode? SQSH may be seeing the same problem as the test programs,
but without further confirmation I would hesitate to make that assumption.

I don't particularly want to give up on FreeTDS for this project (time not
being an issue), but that this point I am starting to wonder if I shouldn't
backtrack and look at using an ODBC for the database connectivity. Am I
just beating a dead horse here, or do you think that this is something that
is potentially resolvable if we keep working at it?

Sincerely,
John DeJournett