freetds - Re: Inline TDS ODBC driver Alpha Release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Pounder <pounder AT inline.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Inline TDS ODBC driver Alpha Release
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:31:58 -0500

At 10:55 AM 3/15/00 +0100, you wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Jon Pounder wrote:
>
>> we will be releasing the source as soon as:
>>
>> 1) some additional features for the catalog functions are in place
>> 2) we clean out the debugging code (some of which is proprietary and we
>> will not release)
>> 3) any bugs people report meanwhile are fixed.
>>
>> (timeline probably end of this week)
>Good news. But it seems me quite strange that you release binary
>code with expected bugs, debugging code and missing features under
>version number 1.0.

ok so version number will be another thing that changes :)

>Opensource doesn't say anything about the License. Would it be
>GPL or a free License which would allow packaging for Debian?

it will be something along those lines yes, we would be glad to get it
packaged with linux distributions.

>Kind regards
>
> Andreas.
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to freetds as: pounder AT inline.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')

Jon Pounder, Development Engineer
Inline Internet Systems
pounder AT inline.net Jon AT Pounder.com

Web Tools Engineered for Success
http://www.inline.net
http://www.ihtml.com