freetds - Re: make test fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Dejournett <johnde AT greeley.sykes.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: make test fails
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:17:22 -0700

Brian,

SYBASE is set to /usr/local/freetds, and the interfaces file is present. I
am including a copy of the tds->msg_info data. Hopefully this will be
useful in determining the actual cause of the failure.

priv_msg_type = 1,
line_number = 0,
msg_number = 4002,
msg_state = 1,
msg_level = 14,
server = 0x804ac90 "Microsoft SQL Server",
message = 0x804ac78 " Login failed\r\n",
proc_name = 0x0,
sql_state = 0x0

Other than the "Login failed" message, the only thing that looks like a clue
here is 4002. Generally when I get this error number on a Windows system I
start looking into the ODBC configuration. It was my impression that
FreeTDS does not require an ODBC in order to operate. Is this correct?
As always, help, suggestions, comments, and a good knock on the head are
very much appreciated :)

Sincerely,
John DeJournett