freetds - Re: make test fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Dejournett <johnde AT greeley.sykes.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: make test fails
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:51:58 -0700

Brian,

I tried running the t0001 test, but the only output was "tds failed! on
t0001.c".

This inspired me to do a little debugging on the test source. The first
thing I discovered is that in freetds/src/tds/util.c, line 245 there is a
test to determine if the interfaces file is present. For some reason
interf_file = \000, and the test failed. Because of this, the interfaces
file was never being read. As a temporary workaround for this I copied the
/usr/local/freetds/interfaces file to ~/.interfaces. This did work to get
the server IP and port numbers. Anyone who knows how to fix this, I would
greatly appreciate a suggestion.

Now back to the main issue. After some further debugging the t0001 program
is connecting to the server. It sends login information, but apparently the
login fails. It also appears that there is a log file that tracks these
transactions with the server. If anyone knows where that file is and what
it is called, this may contain some useful information on exactly what the
error is.

Finally, another note for the implementers: not that I don't appreciate
having the libraries already compiled with the debugging information, but
to make the libraries as small as possible I would suggest having a switch
in the configure options to enable or disable debugging.

Sincerely,
John DeJournett