freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase main.t crash

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase main.t crash
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 19:03:23 -0700 (PDT)

Oww, my brain hurts. Has ANY big-endian machine ever run this? I
currently believe that as long as the initial capabilities are set
then the database sends data in the correct byte-order, meaning that
the bitfiddling in tds_get_smallint() is bogus. However, I changed
that and it makes things break in a different way that I haven't been
able to pinpoint. My big fear is that somewhere there's a smallint or
an int that is byte-order dependent.

Enough for today.

Tally-ho,

Mark