freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase main.t crash

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase main.t crash
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

> I think so. And it's similar to the dbsetuserdata() call in the DBlib
> side. I think the explanation of the dbsetuserdata() functionality
> (and teh deadlock example code that is included there) explains this
> functionality well.
>
> In DBD::Sybase I definitely expect the buffer returned by the
> CS_USERDATA property to be the same buffer that I passed in earlier -
> its elements can change and the action I take in the server or client
> callbacks depend on those values (typically whether to call a perl
> callback from the C error handler or not).
>
> Michael

Time to be more precise. The buffer in this case is a **imp_dbh_st.
Do you really want to store the **imp_dbh_st, or just the *imp_dbh_st?
By storing the contents of the buffer (*imp_dbh_st) you still get the
changes to the actual imp_dbh_st, which I believe is what is desired,
but you can't change that around to be some other $dbh.

Clear? (as mud?)

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724