freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase main.t crash

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase main.t crash
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

Mark Schaal writes:

> > Actually that's changed and checked in. I found the same thing...but I
> > still get main.t to crash. That's against a Sybase 11.x server (the JDBC
> > server at Sybase)
> >
> > Brian
>
> I think you should be saving the data in the buffer and not the buffer
> itself. I could be wrong...

I don't think so.

I sort of figured that you only store the pointer to the buffer that
is passed in, and it's length. Otherwise, when the app changes the
data in that buffer it won't be reflected in the CS_USERDATA buffer.

Michael

> Mark
>

> *** ct.c Wed Aug 25 17:17:06 1999
> --- ct.c~ Wed Aug 25 17:20:17 1999
> ***************
> *** 124,126 ****
> case CS_USERDATA:
> ! con->userdata = buffer;
> break;
> --- 124,127 ----
> case CS_USERDATA:
> ! con->userdata = malloc(buflen);
> ! memcpy(con->userdata, buffer, buflen);
> break;
> ***************
> *** 132,134 ****
> case CS_USERDATA:
> ! memcpy(buffer, &con->userdata, sizeof(void
> *));
> break;
> --- 133,135 ----
> case CS_USERDATA:
> ! memcpy(buffer, con->userdata, buflen);
> break;
>

> --
> Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909)
> 620-7724
> TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174
> System Administrator E-Mail: mark AT tstonramp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: mpeppler AT peppler.org

Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com