freetds - RE: Version 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Version 0.45
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 00:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

Craig Burton writes:
> Hi Brian and Michael,
>
> I have got it to install now, 0.45 works much better.
> Can you please direct me to any resources on how to call
> it via iODBC/PERL? Am now using freetds to link in DBD-Sybase
> by Michael Peppler... am having trouble, won't compile.
>
> Can someone direct me to how I might use freetds with DBD in
> PERL? Should I now use the freetds lib to compile DBD:Sybase,
> or is this the wrong approach?

You should probably try to build the Sybase::DBlib portion of sybperl
instead. That will probably work fine.

It seems that the Client Library side of Freetds isn't quite ready
yet.

When I try to build DBD::Sybase I get a lot of missing or undefined
symbols. These can probably be added pretty easily, and I'll see if I
can do that tomorrow, but I don't know if it will link, as several
libraries are missing...

Michael

> Thanks very much...

Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com