freetds - RE: Version 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Burton <craigb AT ibis.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Version 0.45
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:59:08 +1000

I did build this sybperl lib with the freetds objects,
but (sent an earlier mail) am not sure what to do now!

I have a DBlib.pm lib, but cannot 'use' it without
perl complaining that it wants DBlib/autosplit.ix,
which would appear to me to be something I would
have had to have built/installed under DBlib.

Can you advise what to do to get something like "sample script"

use Sybase::DBlib;

$dbh = new Sybase::DBlib 'sa', $pwd, $server, 'test_app';
$dbh->dbcmd("select * from sysprocesses\n");
$dbh->dbsqlexec;
$dbh->dbresults;
while(@data = $dbh->dbnextrow)
{
.... do something with @data ....
}

to execute with DBlib.pm (hand) copied into
perl5/....../Sybase/

or am I miles off?